TIPS Purchasing Cooperative FAQ
If your public entity is not already a member of the Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS), you will benefit from joining. Before you take the next step, you may have some questions about joining the TIPS purchasing cooperative, which we will do our best to answer in this guide.
What Is TIPS?
As a public agency that serves public entities such as counties, schools, and municipalities, TIPS has the authority to establish and solicit contracts for its members. This allows members to procure the goods and services they need at highly competitive prices and save time on carrying out these processes themselves.
Who Can Join TIPS?
Non-profit organizations as well as state and local entities can join TIPS. Below is a non-exhaustive list:
- Charter schools
- Public and private colleges and universities
- State agencies
- K-12 school districts
- Emergency services districts
- … and more!
How Can My Organization Join TIPS?
Becoming a member of TIPS is free, however, the regulations around joining will depend on your home state. The process of applying to become a member is also quick and fuss-free. You can find out more information on the TIPS membership page.
What Are the Benefits of Being A TIPS Member?
As a member of TIPS, your organization can benefit in numerous ways. Below is a list:
- Gain access to competitively priced contracts with vendors that have undergone a strict round of selection, allowing you to better manage cash flow within your organization
- Save time and hassle on going through a lengthy bidding process, freeing up employees to focus on other, more important tasks
- Have the expertise of qualified TIPS staff members behind you to guide you throughout the procurement process
- … and more!
How Does TIPS Award Contracts to Vendors?
You can enjoy peace of mind that all TIPS vendors, including Reynolds Construction Company, have undergone a stringent process in order to be awarded their contract. Below is how the process goes:
- Vendors must meet all state requirements before being forwarded for review.
- All proposals are reviewed by a committee before being scored based on TIPS criteria.
- Vendors that receive a score of 80 and above are recommended to the Board of Directors to sell their product and/or service to members.
- From there, the Board of Directors votes on all proposed vendors before choosing to award the contract to a specific vendor or vendors.
Why Should My Organization Engage Services from Reynolds Construction Company?
As Reynolds Construction Company is a TIPS-approved roofing vendor, we have experience working with public entities and nonprofits across various industries. This makes us well-positioned to understand your unique commercial roofing needs, whether you require installation, maintenance, or inspection services.
We aim to provide value-added service to our customers by offering a free initial inspection of your premises and from there, we will itemize a list of works that need to be carried out. You can have full confidence in our technical abilities as well as our discipline when it comes to meeting deadlines.